Situated on a high hill 209 meters it is cited for before the time in the Leonino-Carolingia Bubble in the 805, with which Carl Magno donated it to the Abbey of the Three Fontanas in Rome. The Capalbio name seems to derive from caput album (bald head), that it is also the symbol of the country; on the senese door the coat of arms with the senese lion is still visible that support one bald head. Important reperti archaeological they testify the presence of human takeovers end from the remotest antiquity. It was subjected to the Aldobrandeschi accounts subsequently to the Orsini and from 1416 it belonged to the republic of Siena. In the 1552 Capalbio the territory was occupied for a short period from the Spanish troops of Carl V. Caduta the senese republic was assigned from Spain to Cosimo of the Doctors, in 1765 it was combined to Manciano and in 1842 to Orbetello. With the plebiscite of 1860 it was annexed to the reign of Italy and from the 14 september 1960 it only recovered its administrative autonomy. Beyond to the aldobrandesca tower, the hall of the palazzotto has a sure interest going back to XVI the century that seems to have accommodated illustrious personages which the Puccini and Of notice. This last one translate therefore lapide the Latin mail on the senese door of XV the century: "They are capalbio happy, defended from the senese lion from which they are protect, and from these first it walls restored to own expenses and from the others it walls that they encircle first, running the years millequattrocentoquattro beyond which the world had turned ten years and more times two". Under the castle, in pieve of S. the Nicholas, they can be admired frescoes of senese school of XIV the century and those of school umbra of XV the century. They deserve finally mention walls them of the communication trench from which can be admired a panorama of rare beauty. For a reason or purpose of curiosity we signal that towards the end of the 800 it has found shelter in the surrounding spot, one of more you notice from Tuscany briganti of the period: Domenico Tiburzi. Remained killed 23 October 1896 during a conflict to fire with the police officers. Famous the bandit then was buried in the small cemetary of the country, where the column is still present to which Tiburzi was legacy from dead man, because the photography to tutt' could release it today sold in the zone.
Località: Monte Argentario